Exalted Ruler’s Report – June 2020
Exalted Ruler’s Report – June 2020
Aloha Fellow Elks,
We are ready to gather again.
Along with the House Committee, Club manager Adriana and her team are eager to welcome members to the Club beginning Friday. As I mentioned in Monday’s blast, Mayor Caldwell’s order regulating restaurant operations means changes in how we interact with each other at the Club. For the health and safety of our members and staff, we ask members to observe these basic rules:
- If you or one of your guests feels ill, please stay home. Staff will be screened before every shift, so please help keep the staff and your fellow Elks safe by self-monitoring before coming to the Club.
- Masks will be required upon entry and must be worn except when seated.
- Tables will be distanced six feet apart. Parties limited to ten.
- No mingling between parties.
- One person at a time in the restrooms, except parents with children.
Restaurant hours and take-out service will be Wednesday-Sunday, 11am-9pm. City regulations require that we operate at 50% capacity, so in order to give as many members as possible access to the Club, lunch and dinner seatings will be limited to 90 minutes with the last seating at 7:00pm. Outdoor seating will be available at poolside. Please call the front desk for reservations at 808-923-5722.
Please arrive as close to your reservation time as possible. Check in will be at the front door rather than the front desk. Please show your member card to the greeter who will escort you to your table.
The Bar will be open to single diners only. Reservations and distanced seating required.
Timeline for Reopening of Club Amenities
The House Committee, in consultation with Club manager Adriana, has determined that a phased opening of the Club is the best approach to ensure safety, health, and proper service to our members. We ask your patience and kokua as our Elks best practices evolve during reopening. Here is the timeline for access to other Club amenities:
- Ocean access will begin Saturday morning, June 6 at 6:00am. Please wear a mask as you enter the Club. The shower adjacent to the ocean steps is available for your use. For now, there is no gathering or socializing on the pool deck. Please exit the Club after your session.
- In accordance with the Mayor’s order and our consultation with the City, the gym and the locker rooms will remain closed until the Mayor’s order allows us to reopen.
- Given the Mayor’s order restricting pool use to ten people and the social distancing required in the water among separate parties, we have decided to keep the pool closed for now. As restrictions are lifted on gyms and locker rooms, we will create a plan that will allow members fair access to the pool.
As we go forward, it is certain that we will need to modify the procedures outlined here and we will do so in accordance with new orders from the City and the State. Again, I ask for your patience and kokua as we act for the good of the order. Please rest assured that we will keep you informed through email blasts and our newly redesigned website at elkslodge616.org. If you have concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
The times in which we live have put our community and nation to the test. My hope is that these times will also bring out the best in all of us. Let us remember the pledge that we make to our flag and the oath that binds us together as Elks. We are obliged to “strive diligently that the name of Elk as borne by you may be worthy of an American citizen — one who loves his and her